Friday, July 31, 2009

Minor update

Ok, I just wanted to make a quick post to kind of sum up what you can expect from this site. I had my intro, sure, but it didn't totally say everything... and let's be honest, it was long winded.

My goal is to provide a site with a constant stream of reviews for games and movies, and maybe once in a while if something strikes me enough I can do music and comics as well. We are in a time of economic recession and I know sometimes people look for games at a good price, and may go back to older games they missed out on. I know I am that type of gamer, so I can try to focus on the "budget gamer." Sometimes reviews of a 3 year old game can praise it, but then when you go to play it now, it isn't as good as they said because things have changed in the industry since then. I will also try to post if ever I know of any good deals going on, and will also link to my own store on Amazon if ever I have a game for sale that I am reviewing.

I will also try my best to update reviews for games that may change due to patches and expansions. If a game evolves, so should a review. Read SOCOM PS3 reviews and it will say it is unplayable and needs patching, but those patches have happened. There are lots of cool free online games that are always updating as well. You get the idea.

Finally, most people like free stuff, so I will also hold contests and have prizes. All the details of which I am still working out, but I will definitely do something. At the very least I can setup discounts on my Amazon store as well.

So there you have it, what this site will be about. Let me know what YOU want though. I have my first review up as sort of a taste, what did you think? Too long? Do you want long and short versions of reviews? Do you want a grading system? What games or movies do you want reviewed? Whatever it is you're looking for, let me know and I will do my best to do so. I can take the criticism too, it's the only way I can make things better. Also, yes, I know this is just a blog for now but once things grow a bit I will try my best to make it more of a "real" site. Until then, post those comments, send those IMs and e-Mails, send that Xbox Live request...

No comments:

Post a Comment